Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Almost Summer!

Well, here is is the first part of June and it is almost Summer. It felt like July yesterday at my house. I'm not really a summer person. My skin is too fair and I burn easily. That, plus the heat is really hard on a fat man like me. I can't take the heat. I prefer the Fall and/or Winter. I can put on more clothes if I am cold (which is rare) but there is only so much that I can modestly take off if I get hot. My darlin' wife (I call her Flash) has her hot and cold spells. Sometimes at night, I will be sleeping peacefully, she will go into "flash" mode. She begins frantically fanning the bedcovers like a matador waving his cape, she will get up and get a cold washcloth, then twenty minutes later she's cold again. Life is never dull.

Speaking of my wife, I must say again how much I really love and appreciate her. we really had a good time Sunday at the "Coming Home" at Adamsville coC. We got to see a lot of people we don't see often enough. I really love and appreciate my extended family, and you know who you are. Words can not express exactly how I feel about the people who have become a big part of my life over the last thirteen years.

The family and friends I inherited by becoming part of Linda's life really mean a lot to me, especially the good people who are the Adamsville church of Christ.

Yes, it's almost summer. It looks like it may be a hot one. However, it will be nothing compared to the eternal heat that will be Hell. I want to remain a faithful Christan so that I can be with God in eternal comfort. I can't take the heat.

God bless and Go with God!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for dropping by. I might one day start a blog, we'll see. thanks for the positive feedback. we didn't know you knew of kristi's blog. see ya Buz

Crystal said...

It was good seeing you Sunday. Hope ya'll can come back and visit soon. :)

Leah said...

I'm laughing at the thought of Aunt Linda and the bedspread! Too funny!! I am not loving the already ridiculously hot weather! ICKY!!

Kim said...

Hey! I didn't know you had a blog!! It was good to see you at the home comming. You should load your little lady up this week and come visit us for VBS :) Take Care!

Tammy said...

Just wanted to say I am glad you are a faithful Christina too! (That's how you spelled it and I thought it was funny ;)) Miss you and glad you are posting more sorry I am just now reading some and slowly catching up! Love ya!