Monday, May 12, 2008

The Gatlin Brothers

On Saturday April 19, 2008 (other of marrying Linda) I got about the biggest thrill of my life to date. I went to see The Gatlin Brothers at the Ritz Theatre in Talladega Alabama. I have been to concerts at large venues, I have seen, met, shook hands with and talked with celebrities and other famous people. By far this was the pinnacle. Thanks to my friends Chris and Donna Hyche and Mr. George Culver, I sat FRONT ROW CENTER. (And I do mean center). Front row at the Talladega Ritz is only about (8) eight feet from the stage. I am a HUGE Gatlin Brothers fan. I actually talked with Larry and Steve during the concert. I will remember this as long as God allows. I have pictures and IF I can figure out how to post the pictures I will do so. I took about 70 pictures but there were so many that were essentially duplicates I have them weeded down to about 12. It was a great time. Thanks Chris.

If you have never been to the Ritz Theater in Talladega you must try it. It is one of the best kept secrets in the great state of Alabama. George Culver and the folks in Talladega do a wonderful job bringing world class entertainment to the little berg of Talladega. The Ritz Theater ranks up there with the Shakespeare Festival in Montgomery and the Alabama Theater in Birmingham. You can call for information and get on their mailing list. The number is 256.761.0000. (No the four zeros is not a misprint.)

3 comments:

ICURIS said...

hey rick,

i know we've probably met before. tammy and i dated for a while in college. david and i were good friends there, too. good to reconnect with you on here.

glad to hear you had such a good time at the concert. maybe we'll see you at Shades Mtn again soon.

rick

Emily said...

Hey! I know you from BCC a LONG time ago! I stumbled across your blog and had to say hey. I remember seeing you at Panama Street a times while I was in college. It is so good to hear from you!

Your friend,
Emily (Glenn) Sanders

Brandi said...

RICK! Yay!! I'm so glad you found me on here! I'm very bad at finding people on this thing. Well as you can tell, I'm about to explode. My due date is May 21st, so hopefully my lil man will be here soon. I'm running out of room for him and he is getting heavy! Tell Linda I said hi and hope she is doing well. do you go up to BCC any during the summer?