Monday, May 12, 2008

JUST A RAMBLIN' UPDATE

Yes, I know it has been a while since I posted. Here's the update. Linda is now working at Rainbow Omega part time. Just in case some may not know, Rainbow Omega is a residential home for mentally and/or physically handicapped adults. It is locate in Eastaboga, Alabama. (Check the website: www.rainbowomega.org ) She works about 20 hours one week and 12 the next week. She loves the residents there.

Billy, Brandi and the girls now live in Corner, Alabama. Billy is the Full time pulpit minister and evangelist for the Antioch coC. We went to watch Emma play baseball on Saturday. I really wish you all could have enjoyed what I enjoyed. Those three and four year old kiddoes are a hoot to watch. It was just the pick me up I needed (after being up most of the night Friday night with some type of virus.) I haven't laughed as hard and throughly enjoyed anything so much in a long time. We spent most of the later part of the afternoon on Saturday with Linda's mother and one of her sisters as a Mother's day celebration. I love Linda's mother very much and I miss my mother a lot.

My mom passed away March 22, 1987 as the result of an accident. The pain becomes more bearable with time but it never goes away. I especially miss her each time I have some milestone in my life or some particularly good thing happen in my life. My mother was my biggest fan and greatest cheerleader. I wish my wife, Linda, could have really known my mom. Although I'm afraid they would have ganged up on me at times.

Speaking of my wife, Let me praise her in keeping with the spirit of Mother's day. Linda is one of the most generous women I have ever known. She is not jealous or envious of anyone or anything. I love her more than I ever thought possible. She doesn't read blogs so I can say anything I want.

Until next time...... God bless you, Go with God.

No comments: